Wednesday, February 4, 2009

There was a girl that got tired of waiting.

That girl was me. I have been writing as long as I can remember and dreaming of the day that I would be published. I'm 37 and it occured to me, that I had better get started if that dream is going to become a reality!

So I wrote.
And wrote some more.
And then I avoided writing for awhile - who knows why?

Maybe I got distracted by something shiny or the kids needed a drink of water. But then I started writing again and then I did it. I submitted a picture book for publication right before Christmas. WHEW. I was on air for a week with the high of having done leap of faith in myself.
When the first rejection came, here's me, shouting for the virtual rooftops (aka Facebook), "I got my FIRST rejection!" It was exciting, actually.

Admittedly, the second and third rejections were not so much.
That's ok though, because it's out there and being read. (I hope.)
But it's been about four weeks since I've heard anyting from the other six agents I sent it to and I am doing the classic thing of thinking my email doesn't work. *laughing*

We'll see what we see. In the meantime, I am distracting myself with other kinds of projects. Oh! I also have fallen in love with the work of Masha D'Yans. I think she would be perfect for Lulu's Tutus; the 408 word picture book I am waiting to hear back about. You can salivate over her work at: www.masha.com

Until next time,
THE END.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Don't give up. I wrote a children's book once, and was told I had to re-draw the illustrations (I did myself) to submit it in the form they wanted. That was the end of that! :) I would like to write another, and have my friend do the illustrating. Someday. I always wanted to be the next Shel Silverstein. I love to write in prose.

    ReplyDelete